Tuesday, February 8, 2011

a belated birthday post to my sister...

So my sister celebrated her birthday on January 31st and I never got around to publishing this post, (sorry sister!) So here it is...


That's me and my sister Kelly when we lived in Van Nuys, CA. It clearly looks like we just rolled out of bed and headed to the backyard to play. I'm the one in pink with the cool half-shirt (notice how I'm posing.)

Even though Kelly and I are inherently different, we are also best friends. We can always make each other laugh and truly value our friendship. But of course growing up we fought over the usual girl stuff; CLOTHES, the phone, the bathroom etc... My sister has always been there for me, including one of the most (recent) important moments in my life. When I went into labor I was already in the hospital on bed-rest and was alone in my room at the time (Scott was at work) and I was starting to feel so sick, and miraculously my sister walked in just at the moment things were about to get ugly (literally!) And she stayed through it all, holding my hair while I puked and rubbing my arm telling me it was going to be alright when I was scared to death! I will never forget that and I'm not sure if I ever properly thanked her... So her it is, THANK YOU SISTER, you are the best, and Happy Birthday yet again... I still have your gift sitting here. ;) xoxo

p.s. Just for the record, Scott arrived an hour or two later and Eli was born the next day (with dad there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment