Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our house: The living room area

Hi! So I wanted to share a little of our humble home here in Santa Cruz, things are coming along but there is also still plenty to do. And, it is a rental so we can't/don't want to invest too much, but we want it to feel like our home as well.

This front room area is tricky because it is one larger room that we have functioning as the living room and dining room. So we've made one side the tiny living area and the other the dining room which we are still working on...

Here are some photos of the steps I took to create the vision I had in mind. There are still little tweaks to be done here and there, etc..but we think it looks nice and we enjoy spending time in here, the couch is super comfy too!


Here it is before: the room with just a few pieces we brought with us and the cream colored walls. In fact this color is throughout the whole house floor to ceiling, which is nice because it is neutral and warm, but can also be monotonous.



So we decided to paint the two walls that make up the section of the living room this color from our local hardware store, honestly I don't know the color or who makes it...yikes! I can find out...




Then we finally received our new couch, at 10pm on a Saturday night (no joke, long story!) and I also added new curtains.




Then we added some art, a plant and accessories,one of my favorite accessories is a sleeping cat, and voila!



2 comments:

  1. I'm super jealous of your ONE basket of toys. Our living room looks like Gymboree threw up all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i second that. gymboree definitely puked in my LR too. i think it's amazing- you obviously have a real eye for style-

    ReplyDelete